Monday, May 5, 2008

First day at work...

I couldn't sleep last night and I got up early this morning. I got up around 6 automatically before the alarm clock calls me. Maybe I'm excited? I'm not sure. I guess more of like scared. Haha.

Well throughout the whole day in office I feel lost actually. Too many faces need to remember, even the office itself also blur me out. Nothing much to do today just that my senior asked another colleague to give me this big file containing some notes for me to "read". Honestly, I've flipped the file like countless time til I'm extremely bored as I don't have my laptop yet. No work, no surfing, no msn (haha somehow all my colleagues communicate through MSN most of the time). I kept looking at the clock today hoping that 5.30 comes soon. Not like I don't like my job. Is just that today I don't have anything to do or anything to make me pretty I'm busy at all. I guess this is like the life in office huh? I think I need some time to get used to it. Then later after lunch, my senior told me what he does and all. I understand is SQL queries and all but honestly it's so bloody complicated. I hope I can understand it as time goes by. I guess being a freshie got me pretty scared that I won't be able to perform my job well and eventually got fired. I know I know.. slap me. It's only the first day I already start feeling this way.

Honestly I can say even if I can do my job properly in the upcoming days, I'm not sure if I want to stay for many years. This is like a real office job. People don't really talk other than doing their job. Maybe it's just like a temporary feeling. I do hope things are not like what I thought in the upcoming days. Anyway, that's about it for today. My colleagues said that I'll have tons of work to do. I guess is a good thing right? Better than nothing to do and waiting for time to pass by. That's all for today. Goodnight everybody.

3 comments:

Kevster said...

Just relax on your first day at work. If you still feel un-easy about it then talk to your seniors. I believe that can be of help to you.

f3r0^NoX said...

so how's work so far? :)

Victoria said...

@ Emcee K bro: haha. now better than my first day lo although still feel a little miserable.