Friday, April 11, 2008

Weird day but I guess it's all good...

Wow... I'm still feeling wow. I got a call like a few days ago for a management trainee job. And I was pretty confused and wondered since when I applied for a management trainee post. So I called back the company the next day and found out that my resume was given to them by Jobstreet and I was one of the shortlisted candidate. Originally the interview will be on next tuesday but it was changed to today. I wasn't really thinking of getting this job cuz firstly I didn't apply for it and this job has nothing to do with the field that I've studied. So I was thinking that since I haven't got a job and I have nothing else better to do at home, I might as well give it a shot.

So I reach the company around 1+ and the interview supposed to be at 2pm. First thing I did was filling up the employment form. Then I waited like 30 minutes along with another candidate who happened to be in the same situation as mine for the same post. And after waited for 30 minutes I went to the reception and wanted to ask what to do next and submitting the form at the same time. After submitting the form, the staff there told me that the manager is not free to interview us and we were asked to go back and wait for their call. So I left.

Min Fung called me earlier and wanted to meet up in Pavilion for a talk or something so I kind of waited for him for a while and he reached around 3.15. After that, we decided to have a drink at Gloria Jeans Coffee (and god their small size really meant small.. Haha). Anyway, we kind of like talked for less than 10 minutes then suddenly I received a call from the company again. The manager whose name is Victor, wanted me to attend the training on Monday. Then I was stunned and asked him how come and was I being hired? He was like not really cuz they wanted to see if I'm suited for the post after the 4 hours training. I then asked about what sort of job I'll be handling in this post. Then he went "Aren't you suppose to ask that during your interview session?" Then I told him that I wasn't being interviewed at all. So he wanted to meet me up for an interview again and thank goodness I was still around that area that time. After I hung up, I quickly drank up my last sip of coffee and left Min Fung there alone. (sorry dude, but thanks for coming for a drink, really appreciate that)

When I reached the company, I met up with Victor. First thing I was being told was "You should lose weight Victoria"(not like he's insulting me but the work has something related to fitness) I'm like.. yes, I do know that. Thank you very much. Then after that he talked as if I'm already being hired. I was in a really "blah" state that time cuz I couldn't be bothered with the job. And when he said "What if I'm gonna pay you 4k for the job?". Then I was totally stunned and I said "I may consider". He was like "4k you still need to consider?". Seriously at that moment I thought it was a joke and I told him is not about salary I'm concerning about but there are other factors as well. Then I went on and asked him "Are you serious?" he just went "why not?" Then I was told that 4k is when I become a real staff there after 3 months probation. So since I'm a freshie, I was being offered 2k as basic salary. I was hesitating at the moment. After thinking for a few minutes and discussed my difficulty with him about not being able to work til too late he told me the earliest he'll let me off is 8pm. Eventually, I accepted the job cuz I thought since I don't have a job right now and I really need money to survive, I might as well try out.

I do see myself facing a lot of difficulties in the upcoming days. Lots of stuff to learn since I'm a true freshie and no experience. It appears to me that this is an opportunity that came to me by fate. Probably God would like me to try something else before getting myself into boring job. I don't dare to imagine what lies ahead but all I know is that I will try to learn up stuff that suppose to be learnt and be useful and hopefully I can get to somewhere one day. Even if eventually things don't turn out the way I imagine to be I guess I'll just take it as an experience or a vital for my continued growth. I will try my very best. A big thank you for all my friends who have been there for me for advice and listening to my nonsense and complains. Thank you guys. And the two most important person I need to thank is my mum and God (regardless of religion). So we shall see what happen next then. ^_^

No comments: