Friday, April 18, 2008

Life of a job hunter...

Basically, I went for interview for another job- Data Analyst/ Business Analyst. Need to know Excel Macros and SQL, dealing with data most of the times. Going for the final round of interview(i hope) on Monday to meet the hosting manager and this time, I'll be given some scenarios and see how I can solve it. *sigh* I'm keeping my finger crossed that I don't screw it.

The other job that I mentioned on my last entry as "Management Trainee", I got a call from them today asking me when can I start working. So since I'm attending this interview on Monday, I told them I'll give them a reply on Tuesday.

Honestly I do want this Business Analyst job. The other job is b/c the location is a bit far and the working hour is like from 10am-8pm which I don't really like at all. And the benefit for Data Analyst is so much more better BUT it's a yearly contract job. So if I am lucky to be hired I need to work at least for a year. Of course I don't mind that. This company will be a challenge for me as it is a multinational company and this company has been around for more than 5 decades so yeah.. I guess everything is pretty organised and if I really want to be exposed to more stuff I guess this position is not getting me anywhere. But then again I don't mind cuz I'm like 23 this year. If I work in this company for a year I'll be here like one year and I'll only be 24 then so nothing to loose. Basically I just want to work then only I'll be able to find out what I really want in a job.

Alright. So I guess that's the update about the life of a job hunter. I do hope to have good news on Monday, I'm feeling pretty nervous though as I have a feeling it's going to be dead tough. Wish Me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.